The next Parish Council Meeting 25th April 7.30pm. At Sandymoor School.
Sandymoor is a civil parish in the borough of Halton, Cheshire, England. The parish lies in the eastern part of the town of Runcorn.
The Parish Council was formed to give all residents of Sandymoor a forum whereby they could have an input into the future development of the village and also raise any local issues or concerns.
Recent Parish Council meetings have seen many topics and issues discussed, and we hope that the level of attendance and community engagement will continue in 2017.
The Parish Council are seeking the views of all local residents on any future projects they would like to see, or suggestions to improve the facilities in and around Sandymoor.
If you would like to share your suggestions, and find out more information regarding how the Parish Council may be able to assist with funding for your future project or suggestion, please contact me, the Clerk, for a grant funding application form, via my email: firstname.lastname@example.org
We also have a public meeting every month for you to air your views. The Agenda is posted on our notice boards prior to the meeting and also on our website
Each year the smaller authority’s Annual Governance and Accountability Return (AGAR) needs to be reviewed by an external auditor appointed by Smaller Authorities’ Audit Appointments Ltd. The unaudited AGAR has been published with this notice. As it has yet to be reviewed by the appointed auditor, it is subject to change as a result of that review.
This video explains the process: https://vimeo.com/cdandpmedia/review/246314629/1e8bb9953c
The last Local Plan, the Halton Unitary Development Plan (UDP), was adopted in 2005. A Local Plan is a legally required plan that sets out how the Borough will look in 20 years’ time and is used to guide all town planning decisions made by the Council.
Over the last 12 years the UDP has been delivered, and the majority of the construction sites identified in the UDP have now become new housing, employment, retail & leisure. It is therefore time to prepare and adopt a new Local Plan to meet the Borough’s future needs.
The plan replacing the UDP will be called the “Delivery and Allocations Local Plan” (DALP). This plan contains the policies that guide development and a proposals map that shows different land uses across the Borough.
The first major step in preparing a new plan is to undertake a public consultation to seek the views of all interested parties on the draft policies and proposals map.
Suggested advice for constituents:
If residents contact you for information about the DALP, the key messages are as follows:
- The formal consultation period is from 4 January to 15 February 2018 (6 Weeks)
- All documentation is available on the Council’s website at www.halton.gov.uk/DALP and in Halton Direct Links and Libraries
- This is just a consultation, no final decisions have been made, all views and comments are welcome
- It is important that residents make their views known in writing via post or email
- Comments should be sent to ku.vo1556188964g.not1556188964lah@g1556188964ninna1556188964lP.dr1556188964awroF1556188964 or posted to Forward Planning, Halton Borough Council, Municipal Building, Kingsway, WIDNES WA8 7QF
- Suggest they watch the video – https://vimeo.com/cdandpmedia/review/246314629/1e8bb9953c
- Both the law and Government policy state that every Council must prepare a Local Plan to show how it will meet the needs of its residents
Once the Jan – Feb 2018 consultation is complete, all comments will be reviewed. A revised draft plan will then be prepared, and a second public consultation will happen in the second half of 2018. Following that second consultation, the draft plan is submitted to the Government for approval.
Please note that arrangements for the aquatic weed to be sprayed shortly have been agreed under Environmental Agency approval. Please note, we will only be able to herbicide 20% of the surface area to avoid creating anaerobic conditions in the pond.
Clerk to Sandymoor Parish Council